Scrap your old vehicle and save £2,000 off a new ULEZ exempt car
The major of London has announced a new scrappage scheme for those living within the 32 boroughs of London or the City of London who receive certain benefits. The scheme offers the opportunity to receive £2,000 when you scrap your old non-ULEZ compliant vehicle and swap into a younger compliant car.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the new scrappage scheme, you must live within the 32 boroughs of London or the City of London and be claiming at least of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Armed Forces Independent Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- War Pensions Mobility Supplement
- Working Tax Credit
Applicants can only apply to scrap cars that:
- Are registered with the DVLA to the applicant (or someone who lives at the same address as the applicant) and owned for more than 12 months before 23rd October 2019.
- Are insured
- Have up-to-date MOT and road tax
- Don’t meet ULEZ emissions standards
Click here for full details and to start your application.
Once you have completed your application, it’s time to start the search for your new ULEZ compliant car. At Cargiant, we have thousands of compatible cars in stock, including petrol, diesel, hybrid and electric vehicles all with giant savings to be made. Take a look at our top picks for the best ULEZ exempt cars.